Our optical coating department offer a range of standard and customize coatings to support our optics fabrication from Ultraviolet to Infrared.
- Single Layer
- Reduces Fresnel reflection of substrate such as fused silica from approximately 4% to 1.5% per surface.
- Used in commercial optical products and less demanding applications.
- This multi-layer coating usually consists layers of different refractive indices, providing reflectivity of less than 0.3% per surface, over a wide wavelength range as compare to single layer AR coating.
- Used in multi-wavelength laser, optical lenses and display windows.
- Optimized for low reflection - with surface reflectance of less than 0.25% at one specific wavelength.
- Provide efficient transmittance for complex optical systems.
- High reflectivity of less than 0.5% from 360 – 620nm.
- For undemanding focussing of UV light sources.
DIELECTRIC HIGH REFLECTIVE COATING
- Using optical interference coatings to change the reflectivity of the optical surfaces.
- It can achieved from nearly zero (anti reflection coatings) to nearly 100% (R > 99.9%), usually at specific wavelength or wavelength range.
- Use in many scientific optical instruments, as well as consumer devices and photographic lenses.
METALLIC MIRROR COATING
The advantages of metallic coating are low cost over a wide broadband range, while having lower reflectance, mechanical and damage durability than dielectric coatings.
- Protected Aluminum
- Provide over 88% average surface reflection in the visible spectrum (400nm - 700nm).
- Overcoat with a layer dielectric to provide better resistance to abrasion and oxidation.
- Enhanced Aluminum
- Provide about 93% average surface reflection in the visible spectrum (400nm - 700nm).
- Higher Reflectivity and better resistance to abrasion with overcoat of multilayers dielectric.
- Protected Silver
- Provide about 97% average surface reflection in the visible spectrum (400nm - 700nm), offer high reflection of about 96% in the IR range (2 - 20 µm).
- With a layer of dielectric overcoat to prevent from tarnishing.
- Protected Gold
- Provide over 98% average surface reflection from 20nm - 800nm.
- Protect with a layered of dielectric overcoat.
BEAM SPLITTER COATING
- Broadband Dielectric
- Uses multilayer dielectric broadband coatings to produce the specified transmission / reflectance ratio over a wide range of wavelength.
- Broadband Polarizing
- High reflection for S-Polarization and transmission for P-polarization over a wide range of wavelength
- Dichroic Mirror
- Wide range of transmission / reflectance ratio at specified wavebands.
- High transmission for short wavelength, while a long wavelength is highly reflective.
EDGE PASS COATING
- Long Wave Pass
- Reflects more than 99% of the shorter wavelengths (from 400-700nm) and transmit 95% longer wavelengths (from 780-1200nm) with 50% cut-off wavelength around 750nm.
- Short Wave Pass
- Reflects longer wavelengths (from 500-700nm) and transmit shorter wavelengths (from 325-450nm) with 50% cut-off wavelength around 470nm.
- Narrow Band Minus
- Having a nominal bandwidth of 110nm with an average reflection of more than 99% over a nominal bandwidth of 30-40 nm. Average transmission 90%.